DJI Spark Introudction
It has been more than two months since DJI released its new Spark mini drone. Finally, the Spark is now available for an immediate shipping. It is starting at $499 and you can buy it from the official DJI Store or from Banggood.
Here is what you need to know before purchasing.
Spark is DJI’s smallest, smartest, and easiest-to-use drone yet. It features all of DJI’s signature technologies, allowing you to seize the moment whenever you feel inspired. Fly it with a remote controller, smartphone, or just your hands. Shoot selfies like never before, and professional videos in an instant. Take Spark with you anywhere, and make your moments incredible.
DJI Spark Specifications
- DJI Spark Flight time — 16 Minutes
- DJI Spark Speed — 50 KM/H
- DJI Spark Gymbal — 2 Axis
- DJI Spark Transmission Distance — 1.2 MI (2 KM)
- DJI Spark VPS Range — 30M
- DJI Spark Effective Pixels — 12 MP Camera
DJI Spark Features
- DJI Spark Quick Launch — With FaceAware, Spark lifts off your hand by recognizing you. It takes off and hovers in place within seconds of powering on.
- DJI Spark Simple Control — Take amazing aerial photos using just hand gestures, without a remote controller or mobile device.
- Create with ease — Intelligent Flight Modes and intuitive controls help you create cinematic aerial videos with just a few taps.
- Edit and share — The DJI GO 4 app features automatic editing templates and an array of filters. Quickly edit videos and share them straight to social media.
DJI Spark Flight modes
- QuickShot — Lets Spark take professional shots for you. There are 4 modes to choose from
- Rocket — Ascend with the camera pointing downward
- Dronie —This is one of my favourite features. The Spark flies backward and upward with the camera locked on your subject
- Circle — This mode lets you make circles around a target of your choice
- Helix — This mode lets you fly in a spiral around a target of your choice
2. TapFly — In TapFly mode, just envision your shot and Spark captures it for you. Tap your phone screen and Spark, using vision technology, flies in the direction of your tap or exactly where you tapped while actively sensing obstacles.
3. ActiveTrack — Probably my favourite flight mode. With ActiveTrack, Spark automatically recognizes objects of different shapes and sizes then tracks them according to what they are and how fast they move. This makes tracking much easier and more reliable.
4. Gesture — Deep learning gesture recognition allows you to take selfies with simple hand motions. With PalmControl mode, control Spark’s movement by hand. If you want, leave your remote controller and phone at home.